Friday, April 4, 2008
to toss or not to toss?
After reading about plastics and having several plastic-free friends, I've decided to look into the risk of plastic tableware. It appears anything with the number 7 is bad, but 5 is OK. The interesting thing is that all my cheap plates are 5's while my camelbak and nalgene bottles are 7's. Go figure. I guess it's time to buy cheap water bottles for the Abbeys. As Sarah and I have discussed, the alternatives to plastic water bottles are $20 sigg bottles, but with three little ones, I don't want to get mad when they are lost, damaged, ruined. Hey, maybe I can find some safe plastics at the Dollar Tree! As for plates and bowls, we might be migrating to just using normal plates (salad size). Since two of the three are out of plate-throwing stage, I'm not too worried about breaking and chipping. But who knows when the first full fledged food fight will erupt at Casa Abbey. Want to weigh in on the issue?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment