Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fun of the Mill-A Day at Lattin's

Last week when we were blessed with a couple days of sunshine, Sarah and I took the brood to Lattin's Cider Mill. The kids had a great time! Even Will seemed to enjoy his nap in the great outdoors.As always, we started the trip by riding the carousel (not so easy these days with only three horses and four ready to ride. By the end of the summer Cate and Liam will want in too!) The next step is buying animal food and running to see if RJ the piglet is home or "out visiting his mommy"(if you catch my drift). Charlie and Ben have come a long way and now let the goats eat out of their hands. Cate on the other hand freaks out in the presence of all thing not human and refused to get out of the stroller.

Sarah was smart and dressed her boys in their rain boots. Charlie and Luke had a great time splashing in the one and only puddle around. I won't mention I brought them to the puddle thinking their adorable green boots would contrast with the mud nicely for a picture. I AM the cool aunt after all!!! OK, one of six for them at least.
Before we ran out of food for the animals, Ben ran out of interest. He found mole hill and decided to "work the earth" for a bit. Kids get dirty- I know this. I also know we haven't made it to doughnut time and his hands will be well beyond any kind of help the hand sanitizer can offer. Not that Ben wanted a doughnut anyway. He is the only 5 year old I know that refuses to eat anything he thinks is junk food. That makes me the only mom in the world trying to justify mac & cheese with turkey dogs because it's what I want for lunch!We ate our snack and drank our juice in their new greenhouse area and then saw something we couldn't refuse. There was a four person water pump activity. All the older kids loved it.

We had a great outing and we are so blessed to have family near by that we can go on adventures with. ( I know you shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition, but I do when I speak, so why shouldn't I stay true to form when I write?)

No comments: