Friday, April 11, 2008

birthday fun

I had such a great day Wednesday. It started with breakfast in bed, hand-made cards with lots of marker and glitter paint, gifts of play-dough balls and lots of cuddles!

Ben and Ellie presented me with coupons to help with everything from setting the table to dusting, to decorating tips (Ellie's idea- and who wouldn't love a 3 year-old princess to decorate their house? Dora and cookie monster go together, right? Not sure Josh and Ben would feel at home with EVERYTHING pink and purple- but hey- they're outnumber, right?)

If her dollhouse is any indication-we are in TROUBLE!!! Yep, that's an upside down high chair in the bedroom and no bed in the upstairs bedroom, just everyone laying on the floor.
As you can see, I wasted no time in redeeming some of those chore cards!




The Rorabacks brought us a great train cake with lots of chocolate frosting to go around- here is the only evidence it ever entered our house. we inhaled that baby!

After dinner, Josh sent me on a treasure hunt. It was a blast, except my ego took a beating. Mommy brain set in and I needed way more hints than my pride allows! Anyway, the last clue took me to the computer where I find a website that has cruise information. That's right, you're eyes don't deceive, my beloved and I are going on our first cruise in August. Four months to fit into a bathing suit. I guess the YMCA will have to be for something other than the adventure zone and swim lessons. Josh and I were working out for a while, but then Josh got busy and decided providing for his family is more pressing than hanging out, playing wii and going to the gym. Apparently, I am unable to go alone. For my birthday I gave myself something very important-and attitude change. I feel like I am finally an adult and can be who I want to be instead of just wanting to be something when I grow up.

No comments: