My friend Camille sent me this link and I am up! I am going off the deep end as far as wanting to simplify my life. Yesterday was toys (gasp!), today is something very near and dear to my heart...office supplies!!! Not sure I will make it out alive, but I am going in.
While I am in a hurricane of clutter and chaos, why not add another challenge and do a complete make-over? No one would ever accuse me of staying stagnant.
Sooooo this week's challenge is-making and KEEPING a menu. I would like to say that I have always enjoyed menu planning. I love thinking about food, making shopping lists, figuring out what kind of meals we will want depending on schedule & weather. (Tonight we are having beef stew and homemade bread because shocker- it's raining and cold in the middle of summer.) Keeping to my menu and not over-planning is my problem. It gets to be about 4:15 and my ducklings are asking about dinner and nothing sounds good. I would equate this to someone with any sort of fashion sense (I humbly admit to have very little) standing in a walk-in closet and having nothing to wear. So we get pizza or have mac & cheese and whatever I bought for that week or took out of the fridge gets pushed back a day, which dominoes into the rest of the week. The next thing you know I have some mysterious smell in my fridge and I am throwing away meat and vegetables that I so carefully picked earlier in the week.
Man it is hard to keep a train of thought going and typing (when you don't know how) when you have three little kids wanting something everything every nanosecond that you are on the computer.
anyway..
I am determined to make and keep a menu this week.
Challenges: holiday weekend- not sure what we are doing/ bringing anywhere; moving-we sold our house and they are moving in soon, so we need to finish bringing all our "other" stuff to this house; kids- I also have been wanting to teach the kids to cook. So I have them each picking out something they want to help with this week. Why or why do I do this to myself? I guess I love stress and want to see if I can rise to the challenge. So here we go!
No comments:
Post a Comment