So since today is the last day of spring, I guess I'd better get in gear and spring clean! My motto for this afternoon. "Don't love it? Don't need it!" I have picked up the girls' room, and although I didn't purge as much as I wanted, it at least looks tidy. Hopefully I can go through more toy bins tomorrow if the sun decides to grace us with her presence. See, today Josh proved once again that I hit the jackpot when it comes to husbands. He moved and assembled the trampoline in the rain! On Father's Day! Dude, he rocks!!!! That means if the sun is out, so are the girls and I can do some real damage without a ton of resistance.
We have to be completely out of our other house by July 15. That means no more free storage. I thought I did a pretty good job editing what we needed, but I was wrong. I go over there once a day at least to get this or that. I am struck by the idea that in reality, there is no way we NEED all this stuff! It makes me feel like a High School Junior that just finished "Walden" for the first time. "Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity! I say let your affairs be as one, two, three to a hundred or a thousand...We are happy in proportion to the things we can do without."
It sounds so great in my head, but then I find I want something I've gotten rid of and I kick myself in the butt for being so impulsive. In the end, what do I really need? Do I need a bread machine, a George Foreman grill, 2-18 gallon tubs full of yarn, 3 different kids of hair spray? Hairspray at all? Why the Depression mentality? Is it better to be simple or well-prepared?
A while ago I made a list of what I wanted in life. Then I wrote down what stood in my way to having those things. Next I tried to make a plan to get rid of these road blocks. Three quarters of those obstacles were fixed by having a clean, uncluttered house. So every once in a while, I get motivated to start, only to get sidetracked for a good six months. I pray this time is different. Watch out guitar- I swear one day I will master you! But to get there, I gotta run and tackle our bookshelf.
No comments:
Post a Comment